Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 3

Hey there,

I decided to go with google site for creating my website because Tae had mentioned how google is "going nowhere anytime soon" so I thought I would make more sense to try that one. Not to mention it seems more user friendly than weebly. So overall I really liked that google sites was easy to use. I also really enjoyed being able to create a resume and post it on the webpage. What I didn't care that much for was that I didn't think there was enough personalizing choices. I wish we could create our own background with out own color schemes. Maybe we can? Maybe I just don't know how to use it. I'm not sure. Either way, I like my background but I think it would be cooler if my background was maybe a collage of pictures of my friends, my family and me. I also didn't like what a hassel it was to actually get the resume on there. We can't have everything, i guess.

I think learning how to create a website and post our resumes was a great idea. I honestly think that it will be much more impressive for someone to see a resume on the internet rather than a hard copy. It also helped me personally because I didn't have a resume made before I started this class.

I definitely think I could use this in the future while teaching. This is a great place for students to start and get to know you. You can put endless amounts of links for students to go to. These links can take them to games, video clips, lesson plans etc. The possibilities are endless when you have your own webpage.

--Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment