Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 2

Hey there,

Yesterday I explored Google Docs for my first time using wiki. Using it was an interesting experience. I'm not really sure what to make of it. I've actually never even heard of wiki until this year. I liked that it was pretty simple to use; it reminded me a lot of a word document. I like that it is also super easy to post pictures and links through it. I also like that you can invite people to it which adds to a certain amount of privacy. If there is privacy then more people will be comfortable speaking their mind on it. However, what I didn't like about it is that I'm not really sure what use it holds? Would I be posting a question and asking for responses on it? I think it could possibly be useful for teaching if it was used as a discussion based site. I think it could help open dialogue between the students. Sometimes it's easier to say things behind a screen instead of face to face. The simplicity of putting links on the site opens doors to other sites that might be useful for students. Assignments can be posted and received. I would really like to know more about the uses of the site which I don't think I can just necessarily learn by "exploring" it. I think I would have better luck looking at other well established wikis. I'm sure things will be much better with some practice and more experience with it overall.

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment