Saturday, November 21, 2009

week 11

Hey all,

Last week I attended the technology conference for educators. I decided to get into "twitter for educators" because I wanted to see what they had to say about using twitter. For me personally, twitter is just something teens and young adults use to talk about all the dumb things they are doing throughout the day such as, "I'm sitting on the couch drinking milk..." and that is pointless to me. I was really interested to see how it could be useful for educators.
To my surprise, it actually is quite useful. Through the status updates, educators can post links and various resources through their twitter that can help other teachers. A lot like we did during our conference, other teachers can update their twitter during conferences and list resources given while they are there. This is useful to teachers who could not attend the conference.
What I didn't like about it was that you are friending people you don't really know or trust. It just seems like a waste of time to add someone who is a teacher and then they have nothing useful to say on their twitter. I also didn't like how much you have to keep track of. It seems like a lot of information to try to keep straight and organized.

Overall though, I thought it was a really good experience. It definiately changed my view on twitter for the better. Now I feel like I can actually use twitter in the future and put it to good use.

Thats all for now,
Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment