This week we learned how to creat a digital story. I can honestly say that this was my absolute favorite thing we have learned thus far in class! I really enjoyed putting pictures together to create a story, adding the comments to them and picking the music that completes the story! Even though it only last for 30 seconds, it was really cute and enjoyable to watch. I thought it was great and I plan on using it for myself in the future.
I liked that it was really easy to use. That is probably the best part. It looks like it would take a lot longer to create something like that but it only took about 5 minutes. I also like that you can add your own personalizations to it such as the comments and the music.
What I didn't like was the it could only be for 30 seconds and you have to pay if you want more time. That is sad to me. I'm not sure of what exactly you could use it for in the classroom if it only lasts for 30 seconds. Kind of a bummer. But that is honestly the only thing that bothers me about it.
I think I could definitely use this in the classroom. Maybe for art class! When the children finish an art project, I can take a picture of each of them, upload it onto the computer and then create a digital story to show the parents at conferences! I think the parents would really get a kick out of seeing their children's art being displayed in such a creative and organized way. I could also use it on the first day of school as a "get to know the teacher" sort of thing. Putting pictures of myself and the things I love along with music and comments about me will help the students get to know me a little better.
Overall, I think this is really great and I plan on using it as much as I can in the future. I can't wait to explore it a little more and maybe I will fall so in love with it that I will make the effort to pay money for more time!
Till next time,
Melody
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melody,
ReplyDeleteI agree that this program was really fast and easy to use. I find this to be beneficial because you never know when you will have to display some type of work in a creative way! Furthermore, if you were to use this for younger students, or upper elementary, I feel that they would be able to figure out the system quite quickly because it was not complicated at all! All of the steps were laid out perfectly, and the music was right there for you to choose from.
Although I did not like the fact that the video could only be 30 seconds long, maybe our schools we work at in the future will have purchased the full program (and then we can explore it more)! = ) If we could get that lucky!
Melody,
ReplyDeleteEverything you mentioned in your post is similar to mine! I agree that it is easy to use, and it was the most fun thing that we did so far. I loved that we could personalize our own digital story with our own pictures and music. The only downfall of the whole thing was that we could only make our video 30 seconds long. I wanted to add a bunch of more text and photos but I wasn't able to. Another thing that I mentioned in my blog was that I did not like how long it took to upload. I felt like I was waiting forever! Hopefully we can learn some more about this feature and get to play around with it some more!
Jacklyn