Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 8

Hey there,

This week we learned how to use Podcast. In my opinion, it was one of the more fun labs that we have done. I know that my group had a great time with it. We couldn't stop laughing.
Podcast's are really cool because you can record anything you want to say on it. I always thought that only macs had programs you could record things on. That was probably dumb of me to think though. I like that you can speed up and slow down what is recorded. I also like that you can easily cut and edit stuff after recording.
What I didn't really like was the process of getting the program. It seemed like there were a lot of steps to take and it was sort of confusing. I'm not sure if I would know what I was doing if I tried to download it again. I also kind of wish it was easier to save. Saving it was all around confusing for me too. And I didn't really care for the fact that you need a microphone in order to use it. On macs, you don't need one. I just think it's sort of inconvient to have to buy a microphone for it.
Honestly, I'm not totally sure how I would use this for teaching. How many times am I going to need to record my voice onto the computer? I'm not totally sure. I suppose, if it's available in the school, it would be a good way for students to practice public speaking. If they could read their speech and see how it sounds when recorded back that would help them make improvements on presentation. I suppose the same could go for just plain, simple reading outloud. This could help students with fluency of their reading.

I guess that's all for now.
Until next time,
Melody

1 comment:

  1. Melody,

    I have to say that I also think this is one of the funner labs we have done in class. It was so funny when we were recording our voices and then playing them back to each other. Our group had a blast, and you're right... we could not stop laughing! I think that I am going to get a mic so I can start recording. I did not know that there was something like that available for my type of computer. I also felt that the process of downloading the podcast was difficult. I had to try it a few times before I got it to work correctly. Also, when I was saving it I was having trouble locating the file. Overall, it was a fun lab, but also a semi-confusing one. I think that this will come in handy in the future. I liked what you said about students recording their voices and playing them back to one another. There are many cool things that can be done with the podcast! I enjoyed reading your post!

    Jacklyn

    ReplyDelete